FOOD // CHICKEN & VEGGIE ENCHILADAS
Updated: Feb 6
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 yellow pepper, finely diced
1 green pepper, finely diced
2 carrots, grated
1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
3 sticks celery, finely chopped
1 tin black beans
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 teaspoon mildest chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspooons oregano
2 teaspoons garlic granules
2 tins good quality chopped tomatoes
6 wholewheat tortilla wraps
cheese to sprinkle ontop
1. Turn on oven to 200°C.
2. Chop/dice all vegetables. Sautee in a pan with a bit of olive oil.
3. Add black beans and continue to sautee until they start to soften.
4. Meanwhile, shred the rotisserie chicken.
5. In a separate pan, combine the tinned tomatoes and ½ of the herbs and spices and bring to a gentle simmer.
6. Add chicken and the rest of all herbs and spices to vegetable-bean mix. Heat through.
7. Assembly! In a baking dish, lay one tortilla. Spread 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce mixture over the tortilla and then add 2-3tablespoons of the chicken/bean/veg mix in a sausage shape. Roll as tightly as possible and move to one end. Repeat until dish is full.
8. Pour over more tomato sauce so tortilla rolls are just covered.
9. Sprinkle with cheese.
10. Bake in oven for 15mins or until cheese is melted and tortillas are slightly browned and crispy at edges.
11. For baby (Rosie is 9 months), chop enchilada into 1/2cm rounds & let cool!