FOOD // BEN'S FAVOURITE SALSA
Updated: Feb 6
Because I know Nicole (Ben's wifey) is going to ask me for this allll the time... and because it is SO easy & healthy. A great dip to take to someone's house last minute made with ingredients you usually have in already!
2-3 cloves garlic
1 or 2 jalepenos (or more depending on how spicy you want it!)
1 tin good quality tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons tomato puree (double concentrate)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika/southwest seasoning
1 tin sweetcorn
coriander/cilantro (depending on which side of the pond you're on!) to garnish
1. Roughly chop the onion, garlic and 1 jalapeno and fry over a medium heat in a pan with a little oil, salt and pepper
2. Once softened and a little brown, puree it (depending on how smooth you want it).
3. Put back on the heat and add tinned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and smoked paprika/southwest seasoning.
4. Optional - add sweetcorn. Turn off heat, add 1 more chopped jalepeno or as much spice as you want.
5. Either serve hot, or let cool & then chill. (Personally prefer it chilled!) Garnish with green stuff.